From the Garden State Parkway (whether from North or South) :
From Route 22:
- Get off at Exit 137 (Route 28, this is North Avenue also known as Westfield Avenue).
- Turn right onto Route 28 and go west about half a mile following signs for Union County College.
- Turn right onto Patrolman Robert F. Hand Plaza (Route 615). An unbranded gas station is on North Avenue at that intersection. (Look for a blue and white sign that says, "GAS".)
- Continue north on Route 615 from the Patrolman Hand Plaza, and the name of the road changes to "Springfield Avenue".
- At the third traffic light (about 1.1 mile), turn left to enter the Union County College campus.
See On Campus section below.
- If you're eastbound on Route 22, exit at the sign for Westfield onto Route 577 south (next to the 21 Century Auto Group store).
- If you're westbound on Route 22, exit at the sign for Westfield onto Route 577 south. This turn is immediately beyond an overpass.
- Continue 1.9 miles south on Route 577 towards Cranford/Westfield.
- Just before the fourth traffic light, bear right staying on Springfield Avenue (Route 577). Note that if you had continued straight through the fourth light, the road's name changes to Kenilworth Boulevard.
- Continue on Springfield Avenue for two blocks.
- Turn right at the first traffic light to enter the Union County College campus.
- When you enter the Union County College campus, follow the directions as given in the On Campus section below.
When you are on campus, follow the main drag to pass the academic buildings and library on your right. Follow the single road to the rear of the campus. This will take you into a parking area with a row of large garages on your left. At the rear of this area, a single road exits to the left. Follow that road about 1000 feet and you will see the twin domes of Sperry Observatory on your right. Use any of the nearby free parking spaces.
Select a map:
Garden State Parkway to UCC Campus
Route 22 to UCC Campus
Interactive Google Maps